HumanaVitality Recipe Refresh Challenge Winner
Fork & Knife Pizza Burgers with Garlic Parmesan Oven “Fries” and Italian Coleslaw
Recipe courtesy of Robin Sue Joss of Big Red Kitchen.
- 3 Tblsp. Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 cup finely diced white mushrooms
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- ½ cup finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. fennel seed
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 Great Value Cage-free organic brown egg
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can no salt added Great Value tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can no salt Great Value Petite Diced Tomatoes
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt and pepper
- 4 slices (22g each) part-skim mozzarella cheese
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté mushrooms, onions, and red peppers in 2 Tblsp olive oil for about 7 minutes or until the vegetables begin to caramelize. Add garlic, fennel seed, and oregano and sauté another 1 minute. In a large bowl mix sautéed vegetables, beef, egg, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until well blended.
In the same pan used for sautéing the vegetables, and over medium-high heat, heat 1 Tblsp olive oil, sear burgers on each side. Do not cook through, simply brown each side of the burger and remove to a plate.
In the juices left in the pan from the burgers, sauté garlic for one minute over medium heat. Add both cans of tomatoes, salt and pepper, simmer one minute. Add burgers back to the pan and spoon sauce over the burgers and simmer over medium heat, uncovered for 7 minutes. Top each burger with a slice of mozzarella cheese and cover pan for one minute to melt cheese. Serves 4.
Garlic Parmesan Oven “Fries”
- 2 large russet potatoes
- ¼ cup Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tblsp. White Wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tblsp. Parmesan Cheese
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Using a mandolin or a sharp knife, cut un-peeled potatoes into 1/8 inch or thinner slices. In a large bowl, whisk together, oil, salt, pepper, vinegar, and garlic. Toss potatoes in oil mixture until both sides of all potatoes are covered. On 2 parchment paper lined large cookie sheets or jelly roll pans, lay potatoes into four separate 8 inch disks, overlapping the potatoes. Top each circle of potatoes with 1 Tblsp. Parmesan cheese. Bake for 25 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cooked through. Be sure to turn pans and switch pans on the racks halfway through cooking time to insure even cooking. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
- 1 pound bag Marketside Tri-color Cole Slaw
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Great Value Orange Juice
- 2 Tblsp. Great Value Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tblsp. Great value Honey
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
Place Cole slaw in a large bowl and sprinkle with salt. Toss and rub the salt into the Cole slaw and let rest for 30 minutes. Meanwhile whisk together the remaining ingredients. Just before serving place Cole slaw in a few layers of paper towels or a clean tea towel and squeeze out excess water. Return Cole slaw to the bowl and stir in the dressing until well blended. Serves 4.